100% live acoustic jazz multi-track drums, featuring several jazz standard song forms!
Pure, live, and traditional jazz drum track performances ready to download and mix the way you want. Jazz Essentials III offers multi-track jazz drums performed as complete performance takes. With three jazz standards as the musical focus, users can choose from multiple performance takes for different interpretations to the song forms. This versatile collection features brushes as well as sticks and offers jazz songwriters pure inspiration to write new music or to practice riffing off the feel, taste, and sensibility of a seasoned New York City jazz drummer.
Jazz Essentials III delivers 3.3 GB of live jazz drum tracks, performed as three common jazz standard song forms. Each song form offers multiple takes with sticks and brushes, providing different interpretations of the music. The following song forms are included in Jazz Essentials III:
Jazz Standard 01 – 170 BPM 12 Bar Swing: 12 bar blues form. 4:00 minutes. Six (6) takes, two (2) with brushes.
Jazz Standard 02 – 155 BPM 32 Bar Swing: 32 bar AABA form. 4:30 minutes.Six (6) takes, two (2) with brushes.
Jazz Standard 03 – 135 BPM 32 Bar Bossa: AABA form. 4:30 minutes.Three (3) takes, all using sticks.
For each drum performance, there are seven discrete, individual drum tracks: kick, sub kick, snare, overhead left, overhead right, hihat, room ribbon. Available exclusively in 24-Bit WAV (not ACIDized) and grouped by performance takes.
A vintage Gretsch maple drumkit with an 18” kick drum, 12”rack tom, 14” floor tom as well as DW and Gretsch 14’ snare drums is featured for the jazz performances found on Jazz Essentials III. Multiple Zildjian cymbals used depending on track. The drum tuning was characteristically tight with well-worn heads.
The driving idea behind Jazz Essentials III was to capture a gigging kit that has seen a lot of time on countless club dates. A tight 18” kick drum was chosen for the task. It had the right amount of attack and low end to serve these jazz tracks best. Ride cymbals were carefully selected from an arsenal of tried and true jazz cymbals. Big cymbals, dry cymbals, bright cymbals, dark cymbals. Whatever seemed to serve the music best was selected. We’re confident you’ll be able to get a great mix with minimal effort if you’re after a truly intimate club date jazz vibe.
Jazz Essentials III Features:
- Complete Takes: Each jazz standard song form is presented in multiple passes to give you different feels and interpretations of the musical form. With an experienced pro behind the kit, you get authentic drumming performances covering traditional jazz, Latin jazz, blues-jazz swing. Performed with both brushes and sticks.
- More than Jazz Drum Loops: Forget trying to repeat the one or two bar loops found elsewhere. These are complete musical performances of standard jazz song forms. Use “as is” and play along or edit the tracks into custom loops perfect for your next project.
- Complete Mix Control: You get seven (7) tracks to mix and blend to fit your music. Start with the overheads, bring in some kick, add more room – you can finally have the drums mixed your way.
- Superior Rhythmic Realism: No one, two, or four bar loops here. No sequenced MIDI. These are musical performances of 4 minutes or longer. Get the phrasing, feel, and musicality you expect from a seasoned New York jazz drummer. You can’t much closer to playing with a real drummer than this collection.
- Cohesive Tracks: Recorded in a single tracking session, you’ll have consistency the one kit in one room with the same recording configuration.
Jazz Essentials III Sample Library Stats:
- 3.35 GB original, license-free 24/44 WAV drum tracks. Seven (7) individual tracks included for each drumming performance.
- 50 (102 MB) multi-velocity drum and cymbal samples (available as a separate instant download after purchase).
- Download the complete Jazz Essentials III Recording Information, including mics, preamps, and other specifications.
- Available as complete song takes, seven (7) individual 24-bit WAV tracks with count-ins.