Picking up where Odd Time Meltdown III left off, Odd Time Meltdown IV hits the drums hard in 3/4, 5/4, 7/4, and 7/8 with a decidedly more uptempo focus. Covering the tempos of 100 bpm, 125 bpm, and 150 bpm, Odd Time Meltdown IV delivers musically versatile rock and fusion sensibility to deliver eight complete songwriting sessions in four different odd time signatures.
But, just because they’re called “odd meters” doesn’t mean that they can’t groove. Many of the most memorable tunes ever written have been based in so-called “odd” times: ‘Dave Brubeck’s ‘Take Five’ (5/4), ‘Mission Impossible’ (5/4), Pink Floyd’s ‘Money’ (7/4), Led Zeppelin’s ‘The Ocean’ (7/8) Soundgarden’s ‘Spoonman’ (7/4), Seal’s ‘Kiss from a Rose’ (verses in 5/4), Queens of the Stone Age’s ‘Hangin’ Tree’ (5/4) among too many to list. Now, it’s your turn to add to this time-honored tradition and take your music into the exciting challenges that only odd meters can present.
With a healthy 1.1 GB of drum loops, fills, and samples recorded in a number of time signatures except 4/4, this powerful and versatile drum loop pack will inspire your songwriting with the fluid, articulate, and musical phrasing that programmed MIDI drum tracks simply can’t deliver. It’s more than numbers with odd times, it’s about understanding the musical intent of using such alternatives to the usual confines of common time.
Guitarists and bassists looking for a powerful training tool. Film composers needing a more musically expressive rhythmic mood. Drummers looking to learn and master new drum styles. Producers looking to bring that something “different” to new songwriting projects. No matter who you are or what your songwriting goals, Odd Time Meltdown IV will become an invaluable and inspiration source of odd time beats in anyone’s arsenal of musical tools.
If you’re ready to expand your playing and songwriting, you need drums that will develop your understanding of space and phrasing as you count to 3, 5, and 7. It’s time to get the drum tracks your music deserves. It’s time to add Odd Time Meltdown IV to your songwriting arsenal.
Beta Monkey’s Odd Time Meltdown IV Features:
- Focused Loop Tools: Intense rock, prog-rock grooves and fusion rhythms, Odd Time Meltdown IV offers songwriters live odd time grooves in 3/4, 5/4, 7/4, and 7/8 time signatures at tempos ranging from 100 bpm to 150 bpm. From a single drum recording session, all loops will mix together seamlessly to allow songwriters the ability to shift gears and combine musical combinations of different odd meters as well as tempos.
- Musical Phrasings of Odd Meters: Musical and usable, all tracking was performed live in one of L.A.’s top drum rooms by one of the town’s top session drummers on a session-tested Mapex maple drumkit. More longer phrasings (2, 4, 8 bars and beyond) will ensure your next prog-rock, rock or fusion songwriting project doesn’t suffer from the dreaded “sounds like a loop” syndrome when dealing with the single bar loops commonly found on other loop releases.
- Cohesive Drum Mix: All drum loops were tracked in a single drum tracking session. All grooves, fills, one shots, and drum samples will mix perfectly, allowing users the unlimited flexibility when constructing drum tracks in all commercial DAW software. Need to change time signatures or tempos? With Odd Time Meltdown IV, the options are endless. A premier feature found in the vast majority of Beta Monkey drum loop products.
- Drum, Cymbal Samples, One Shots: All drum and cymbals recordied for Odd Time Meltdown IV have been thoroughly sampled and included with purchase. Tired of the usual lack of single hits you’ll find in competing products? See what a complete multi-velocity sample collection will do to enhance the versatility of this collection. Add samples to the loops, sequence new beats in any virtual drum instrument, punch in stops or accents – the included matching folder of samples allow you to do what your music needs.
Odd Time Meltdown IV Sample Library Stats:
- 457 (988 MB each format) original, royalty-free drum loops.
- 220 (209 MB) multi-velocity drum and cymbal samples.
- Available for instant download in 16/44 ACIDized WAV, 24/44 ACIDized WAV, 24/44 APPLE LOOPS, and REX2 formats. ALL loop formats available with purchase. Hard copy DVD also includes all available formats for a single purchase price.
Odd Time Meltdown IV Drum Loop Sets
|100 BPM 3/4 Grooves||38 loops|
|100 BPM 5/4 Grooves||25 loops|
|100 BPM 7/4 Grooves||23 loops|
|100 BPM 7/8 Grooves||49 loops|
|125 BPM 3/4 Grooves||29 loops|
|125 BPM 5/4 Grooves||37 loops|
|125 BPM 7/4 Grooves||25 loops|
|125 BPM 7/8 Grooves||40 loops|
|150 BPM 3/4, 6/8 Grooves||45 loops|
|150 BPM 5/4 Grooves||36 loops|
|150 BPM 7/4 Grooves||71 loops|
|150 BPM 7/8 Grooves||39 loops|
|Total Drum Loops||457 loops|
|Drum Samples: Multi-velocity cymbal, drum samples)||220 single hits|
Need even more drum loops in odd time? Don’t forget the other members of the Odd Time Meltdown Series family: Odd Time Meltdown I, Odd Time Meltdown II, and Odd Time Meltdown IV. Dedicated collections of 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures also available in Drum Werks XXIV, Drum Werks XXV, and Pure Country IV (brushes).